Thursday, October 30, 2008

Practise the Ideal

Next: - Ask not anything in return for your love.

  • There is no chance of asking anything in return for my love. I can’t afford to sell my love. I can’t degrade myself so down.

I needn’t think about economy; or my investments of time and money, etc.

Next better ideal from the above one will be “Ask nothing!”. Live it.

Next: - The first sign of love is when love asks nothing, (when it) gives everything.

Next: - “Give everything”.

  • Sometimes I need to work really hard to give.

  • As I’ve been working to spread the sayings of Vivekananda, hence,

Next: - Work hard to give ‘Master’s sayings’ to others.

  • Now, I believe as if the above ideal is going to be my ideal for a long long time to come.

BREAK:-

Today I’m ill. So let me get well first, and all things after that. So my ideal, “Get Well”.

  • Now I’m going to my next principle.

Because the best way to give Master’s sayings is to be what he wants us to be; to be the example; the living gospel; the personal magnetism, the personal touch; the Guru.

  • Read a speech of Master and search for an ideal to live.

Next: - The power of suffering is infinitely greater than the power of doing.

Next: - Be jealous of none.

  • After practising the above principle, I’m to search what else Master has said on “jealousy”, and practise those.

Next: - Jealousy is the root of all evil.

Next: - There must not be a shade of jealousy.

Next: - ……………………..not even a shade of jealousy.

I made a reading of some more sayings of Master on “jealousy”, and I think I'm done with the practice on 'jealousy' for the time being, move on............................

Next: - ..........................not even a shade of selfishness.

  • It's high time I must go and see what my Master says my work should be, my duty should be. Let me refer to the topic “Our Work, Our Duty...................”

Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live upto his own highest ideal and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the truth.

Next: - Encourage everyone to live upto his own highest ideal.

Next: - Encourage Loyla (Loyla, Priyanka, Sonu, Patrick,............everyone) to live upto her own highest ideal and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the truth.

  • And what are the ideals of Loyla,.........................I need to find it out. It's not that she should be having any fixed ones. She is young. And I need to even find out then and there what are her ideals.

  • Before you could encourage Loyla to live upto her highest ideal, you need to find out what her ideal is. You can know it from her words, eyes, smiles, etc. You needn't ask her what her ideal is.

  • So, find out what Loyla's ideal is and encourage her to.................................

  • And my ideal is to find out what's Priyanka's ideal is and then to encourage her to live upto that ideal and then I'm to strive to make that ideal as near as possible to truth.

  • Do not criticise or show her her faults, while encouraging her to.....................

  • And be careful not to judge any one from their mistakes, as they may be having money and wealth as their ideal.

  • When you start meditation, begin first with this thought (“Work hard at meditation.” ), and then meditate on your ideal.

  • Next: - (But I'll come back to the above ideal in future.)

    • Do not disturb, but help everyone to get higher and higher; include all humanity.

    • Do not disturb Priyanka, but help her to rise higher and higher.

    • Help her (Loyla) to get higher and higher.

    • Love can never disturb you. If you think so, you're wrong. If the thought of beloved is coming incessantly, let it come. It is far far better to stay in love like this than to think of any other trash.

    • I want Loyla to be fearless. How to make her be that? How to communicate this part of spirituality to her? I want to transmit some spirit of fearlessness, some thoughts on fearlessness to her. How to do that?

    I need to do this as I could find she has certain fear.

    “Now this knowledge, again, is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside; it is all inside. What we say a man "knows", should, in strict psychological language, be what he "discovers" or "unveils"; what a man "learns" is really what he "discovers", by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite nowledge.”

    So how to take this veil off?

    The veil will go off when I'll be unselfish; this veil will go off when I'll become pure.


    KARMA IN ITS EFFECT ON CHARACTER


    While reading the above speech, I was constantly thinking about Loyla, and applying, comparing her life with what Master says.


    Let me again search what Master has said on 'preaching', 'teaching', 'communicating', and like-wise.



    • Her soul is destined to be perfect. Don't think that anything will remain hidden from her. She will know everything.

    Her soul will attain to perfection in the end.

    Whatever she will be in future will be the result of what she thinks now. So find out how she can think positive, good thoughts, great thoughts. How I can give her positive thoughts, good thoughts.

    If I cannot speak good and positive words to Priyanka, I mustn't speak anything else.

    If you want her to know something or want her to realise something talk to her about that; you can even pursue her. But don't compel her. Begin the conversation.

    It's not that I can make her sit in front of me and start preaching Vivekananda, but I need to wait for the right opportunity to give the right message.

    It's not that I can preach her the highest truths straight. I need to be very very patient. To speak the highest truths, I need to build the foundation.

    She is what her thoughts have made her.

    Good acts will proceed out of good thoughts. So she need to take care of her thoughts, and she need to think holy and pure thoughts always.

    So how can I make her think such thoughts?

    I need to tell her that she has a soul, so also I and everyone. And that soul is all one, it is all related, so we are all one. Love comes out of the soul. So as we are all one, we need to love all, alike. We need to respect everyone. There is power in love, supreme power. And love always wins, and not hatred. And the person who hates us we need to forgive him/her, because it is always good to do that------------------you'll know why latter.

    I need not tell all these things at one go, as she is a school girl. I need to tell her one after another.

    Tell her that if she want happiness she need to constantly think holy and pure thoughts. Tell her that if she need success she need to constantly think holy and pure thoughts. Tell her that within her there is infinite power. And she can do anything. Tell her to believe in this.

    Her soul will only receive impulse from another soul AND FROM NOTHING ELSE.

    How to make her soul receive the impulse from my soul?

    Call her soul, call It again and again; tell It to wake up.

    Love will give that impulse to her soul. Surely I love her. (But that doesn't mean she is my girl-friend). I love her mean my soul love her soul. And this is the impulse the soul within her need.

    Let me repeat the question again, “How the soul within her will receive the impulse from the soul within me?”

    Do I possess the power to transmit spirituality to her? Can I transmit? Perfect unselfishness is necessary to transmit spirituality. There must not be any expectation of return or reward. There need to be abundance love for her.

    So my ideal is to love her, and to bring within her all the knowledge, and holiness and purity.

    Find out 'how to make her pure?'

    • Well the above question is non-sense on the face of it. Because our nature is purity. We are always pure. Only the cloud of impurity is over the soul, and it needs to be cleared. 'How to clear it?' is the next question. And another important question will be 'how she can manifest her soul power?'

    • How to make her reveal her real nature.



    PAPER ON HINDUISM


    The Vedas teach that the soul is divine, only held in the bondage of matter; perfection will be reached when this bond will burst, and the word they use for it is therefore, Mukti — freedom, freedom from the bonds of imperfection, freedom from death and misery.

    And this bondage can only fall off through the mercy of God, and this mercy comes on the pure. So purity is the condition of His mercy. How does that mercy act? He reveals Himself to the pure heart; the pure and the stainless see God, yea, even in his life; then and then only all the crookedness of the heart is made straight. Then all doubt ceases. He is no more the freak of a terrible law of causation. This is the very centre, the very vital conception of Hinduism.

    The Hindu does not want to live upon words and theories. If there are existences beyond the ordinary sensuous existence, he wants to come face to face with them. If there is a soul in him which is not matter, if there is an all-merciful universal Soul, he will go to Him direct. He must see Him, and that alone can destroy all doubts. So the best proof a Hindu sage gives about the soul, about God, is: "I have seen the soul; I have seen God." And that is the only condition of perfection. The Hindu religion does not consist in struggles and attempts to believe a certain doctrine or dogma, but in realising — not in believing, but in being and becoming.



    • She need to remain internally pure. I.e. think good and pure thoughts. Normally children do not think evil things, unless they learn from various sources.


    • A slight impurity in me will harm her.

    • If I want her to be pure, I need to keep myself absolutely pure.

    • Not only I need to keep myself pure only while with her but I need to remain pure always.

    Another thing to find out will be, “How to remain pure always?”

    • Master has never justified impurity. Impurity is never needed in our life. I'm not going to lose anything if I'll discard impurity forever.

    • The problem with rich people, it seems, that they do not need anything in life.

    • Let me go to the next ideal to practice.

    • Renunciation.

No comments: